- Put Samples In Different Locations
- Put Up Plenty of Color
- Put Color Where It Will Actually Go
- Make Lighting Conditions Consistent With The Way They Will Be On A Long-Term Basis
- Be Sure Your Sample Is Fully Coated.
Juli’s Tips For TESTING COLOR
1. Put samples in different locations
If you are testing more than one color for a given room (or a given surface, on an exterior), put those samples in different locations. It can be the same wall, but skip over 3 feet or so.
Never, ever apply competing colors right next to each other. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve seen this mistake on Pinterest or blogs, including by people who consider themselves home design influencers.